Saturday, April 9, 2011

Country Roads

'Country Road' — italywallpaper.info
 
transportcafe.co.uk
YOU AND I

O fellow traveler, you do not have to make your
journey on my path, nor need I follow yours. It
doesn’t matter much today... just now, here in the
gentle sun there is no rush; I’ve no one I must
hurry to, and so I’ll stay with you awhile and walk
a mile or so if you will talk to me, for I would
know what takes you this way and not that, or yet
another.

Be at peace; I mean no harm and would not
condescend to judge your preference, however
we may disagree, nor would I summon all
my armies, had I generals, lieutenants, or a single
PFC to show me deference.

flash-screen.com

I’m practically alone, in fact; my family is
near, a few dear friends as well, and if I ring this
little bell they’ll come to me, but everyone has
separate hills and valleys to explore.

I rattle on, I fear, and I am curious to hear your
story. Where, you ask me, am I bound. The
world is round, my friend, and when we meet
again perhaps I shall be sure where all roads
lead, but it occurs to me to say, before you go
with your companion, who I see is standing near
the wayside, that at journey’s end, we’ll know
each other, I am certain, you and I.




No comments:

Post a Comment