Saturday, December 11, 2010

Living in a River of Prayer


A Place Where Prayers Are Answered


Worship-service anthem, solo or 3-part SAB

When I say a prayer, I close my eyes;
my spirit reaches toward the sky, and
then I open up my eyes
to see the wonders of the world
surrounding me

Once upon a time, it grieved my mind
to perceive a universe so unkind, and
so I tried to be the one who cared,
the savior of the world,
my cross to bear

Floating in a river of prayer—
it carries me to where
all things are possible
By the grace of God
there is a place
where prayers are answered


Never could I do enough to change
a world that seemed so disarranged.
Beaten and defeated, in despair,
I sent to God a faint and hopeless prayer

and from the heart of heaven there appeared
an angel of the Lord to claim my fear...
first a spark of hope and then a flame of joy
undimmed by guilt or shame

Now my tethered soul was led to freedom;
on its own, it fled to be with Him


Living in a river of prayer unceasing,
ever renewed, forgiven, baptized.
Now I see the world with

eyes of the spirit,
love undespairing....
Now I live where prayers
are answered



No comments:

Post a Comment